POSITION AVAILABLE – INTERIOR DESIGNER
We are a passionate team at Mi Designer, we are like family, we love coming to work each day and creating magic for our clients.
Working fast, efficiently and collaboratively, we are looking for our next long-term member to join our busy & vibrant Crows Nest office. With music playing, coffee during the day and wine and chips on a Thursday afternoon, this fast paced design studio is a great collaborative environment to come to work each day.
The ideal candidate will be an all-rounder working from concept to delivery. You will have an ability to deliver stunning magazine worthy designs that are highly functional and are delivered on budget and on time.
You’ll be responsible for
- Lead the complete renovation/ design project including consultations, conceptual designs, design development, functionality planning, mood boards and construction documentation.
- Deliver brag worthy and functional designs, which accurately respond to the clients needs and wants.
- Communication is key – you will be the main contact for both clients and builders and trades on your projects.
- Generate accurate Revit designs and documentation for all project stages including elevations and floor-plans
- FF & E – Selection and scheduling materials for your presentations to clients & coordinate their ordering and installation during the project.
- A keen eye on increasing profit margins without reducing quality or timelines.
- Maintain quoting, budget management updated through Excel.
To succeed you’ll have
- A minimum of 2 – 4 years professional interior design experience, preferably in a mid-high end residential and or commercial design practice.
- No Graduates unless previous work experience in similar or complimentary field.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating stylish, exciting and functional design skills
- A proven track record of the projects you have managed with successful outcomes.
- Excellent knowledge of specifications, finishes, materials, suppliers with existing relationships in place.
- Advanced Revit or Sketch Up skills are essential
- Intermediate Adobe Photoshop & InDesign is a plus
- Confidence and experience using Apple Mac
- Excellent skills Microsoft office for Mac – Excel a must
- An engaging and confident personality
- A keen eye for detail
- Excellent memory recall … across multiple projects
- Can roll up hill
- Hands on approach, where no job is too small
- Excellent knowledge of construction and scheduling practices
- Passion about leading the whole process with autonomy from the first consultation, to handing the keys back to overjoyed clients
- Visualization and communication skills to successfully communicate design concepts to clients and builders
- Appropriate Work/ Resident Visa
We are looking for a passionate and engaged designer, so if Mi Designer sounds like somewhere you can grow and shine and you possess the above qualities, please apply with your CV, cover letter and portfolio.
We are ready to hire immediately and will be assessing applicants as they come in, so please don’t wait to apply. We look forward to hearing from you and hopefully welcoming you into our team soon!
To apply, email: email@example.com
Job Type: Full-time
We are always on the look out for new talent to join our fabulous team here at Mi Designer. If we have any vacancies, we’ll post them here as well as Instagram.
Join our growing team of creative professionals; we drink coffee before 12 and wine after 4pm all the while working in our fast passed vibrant studio environment.
So come on, send us your CV and life goals and we’ll get in touch when a role is coming up.